Homework Helper

2017-2018 Academic Year

Dear Families,

Please let me begin this letter with a huge “Thank You” for sharing your children with me this year.  When I met them in the Spring they were all wonderful human beings and I feel privileged to be their teacher for fourth grade.

Some grown- ups may wonder about homework for this classroom.  I really try to keep it as consistent as possible so that the students, as well as their loved ones, know what to expect each evening.  Here is a general homework schedule.

*** Please Note***Sometimes we will have changes, but we are working on being flexible some this year.

Monday Nights:

Spelling– practice words and rule(s). Get your spelling test from last week signed by a Grown- Up and bring it back to Mrs. L. on Tuesday.)  *** CHANGE THIS YEAR: I am working with the kids to do their written work in class, so your child should only have to do written work toward the end of the week, if at all.***

Math- Home Link, Math Box, and /or Journal page (s) and practice addition, subtraction and multiplication facts

Reading-  20 minutes

Tuesday Nights:  

Spelling– practice words and rule(s)

Reading-  20 minutes

Wednesday Nights:

Spelling– practice words and rule(s) and finish your spelling packet

Reading- 20 minutes

Thursday Nights:

Spelling– practice words and rule(s) for your spelling/ vocab test tomorrow

Reading- 20 minutes

Friday Nights: 

This is a great time to read 20 minutes daily/ nightly and reflect on our week together.  Think of what you want to challenge yourself to and set a goal for yourself the next week.  Example:  complete my homework every night, say something nice to others ____ times this next week, etc.